How to pick the perfect pillow
Not any of us pay attention to buying the best pillows online. We believe the most important sleeping equipment is a mattress. However, this is not true. A pillow is as important a sleeping aid as a mattress. The quality of your pillow determines the quality of your sleep too. A good pillow helps you get the proper sleeping posture. If your neck and shoulder do not get the adequate support, it puts your spine and body in an improper alignment, giving your body ache and a sleepless night. A comfortable pillow is one, which makes your head comfortable to rest on. We list below a few factors that you must keep in mind before buying pillows online.
1. Fill/fibre- There are a number of fill options for pillows. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages, depending on your suitability. The most common type of fill is downs feather. Down pillows are soft and light. These are most often made from the fibres of goose or duck. Good quality down pillows is costly but worth the comfort that it provides.
2. Fill weight- The weight of the fill should be considered while choosing a pillow. While down and synthetic pillows are light in weight, memory foam and latex weigh more. A lighter pillow is a better choice if you want to move and rest with your pillow constantly.
3. Quality of fill- The quality of the fill determines its comfort, support and durability. A good quality fill pillow will be an expense. Once you have chosen the right fill for your pillow, you can select the best quality pillow according to your budget. Do not forget buying a good quality pillow is important because you will be spending hours with the pillow.
4. Size- A standard size pillow is most often the perfect size pillow for most people. If you need a bigger pillow, you must ensure that the sleep posture is in proper alignment. Whether it is a thick or thin pillow, it must give you proper spinal alignment and give you comfort. Also, make sure that the size of the pillow cover fits the pillow. The pillow cover should not be oversized or undersized. Some pillows are made in special shapes to provide extra support for your head and neck.
5. Fabric- Pillow covers should be made with natural and breathable fabrics. A good pillow cover under pillowcases gives a longer life to the pillow. It protects it from getting dirty or stained. Decorative pillow may adorn your bed but should not be used for sleeping.
6. Chemistry- Memory foam, polyester and other synthetic materials undergo a chemical process in its manufacture. Some pillows undergo antimicrobial treatments. You should know how your pillow has been made.
Invest in a good pillow and consider your allergies and sensitivities to chemicals when choosing a pillow.We hope the above information will help you in buying the best pillow and you will have a good, comfortable and peaceful sleep in the night.